Hi there. I am Andrey Kurenkov, a 24 year old grad student at Stanford that likes do research about AI and robotics, write code, appreciate art, and ponder about life.
Currently, I am working towards a Masters in CS at Stanford, and am a research assitant at the Stanford Vision Lab with Animesh Garg and Silvio Savarase. This site documents my various projects, my writing (technical and not), and my photography.
“I love writing. I get a kick out of sharing my thoughts with others. The act of transforming ideas into words is an amazingly efficient way to solidify and refine your thoughts about a given topic. “ -Tom Preston (creator of Jekyll), Blogging Like a Hacker
If you are so curious, I am more specifically interested in:
- AI/machine learning (increasingly, the deep kind)
- cinema (Tarkovsky, Aronofsky, Kaufman, Kurosawa, Bergman, Carruth, Kon, Miyazaki, Zvyagintsev, etc)
- robotics (particularly, intelligent robotics that can interact with humans)
- video games (mostly narrative-driven, all the indie stuff, and the Mass Effect-type stuff, and so on)
- energy/climate change (this is what led me to my EE degree)
- books (hard science fiction, modernist, some post-modernist, some pre-modernist)
- programming (especially embedded programming, but also scripting and hackathon types things as well)
- photography (doing it, as you can see on this site, but also appreciating)
Oh, and is all of that is not enough, how about all of that in visual form: